View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Lol Robert, if you're as old as you claim you sure don't act like it. You're on a board of people many of which are hardcore mopar people. To come here talking trash about them will not be tolerated. Who cares if the modern hemi is not a "true hemi" according to you. I didn't buy my truck because of the hemi badge.

In my case there were a few reasons that brought me to this truck
In 09 when I bought my ram I looked at others.

Nissan. No local dealers to me at the time so that's an automatic no go. 3 hours drive to the dealer is out of the question

Toyota. Pretty pricey and there was 2 of them in the shop with the trans out. Both were the newest style.

GM. Bashed my knee on the dash getting in, sat in the backseat of a crew cab, and got my foot wedged in between the seat base and pillar getting out, almost did a face plant. Cabs are small. Interiors are plain, and the icing on the cake was chrome flaking off the door handle and stabbing me in the finger.

Ford. I've never liked the 5.4. Gutless. Dealer was the biggest problem. Damn near had to beg them to look at the trucks.

I had a Dakota thats lease was up. I considered buying it out as it suited our needs at the time. The buyout was simply too much for what it was worth IMO.
It was already hard to find new Dakotas on the lot in 09 and thy were priced as high as the rams. By buying another dodge product upon lease return a page full of paperwork that they use to go through your lease return and ding you for misc. damage disappears. That's a plus. The new ram was also 0% financing and 12 grand off the sticker price. The power of the ram is second to none especially in 09, the only one close was the tundra. The interior on these 4th gens is nice. Comfortable, stylish, yet still utilitarian. It was really an easy choice.

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"