Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 98 ram v10 4x4
Trim Level: laramie slt 4x4
Color: silver and black
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
robert malek is on a distinguished road

"Lol Robert, if you're as old as you claim you sure don't act like it. You're on a board of people many of which are hardcore mopar people. To come here talking trash about them will not be tolerated."

well, then explain to me how when i tried to help you guys out by giving my opinion on hemifever, i was referred to as a tempermental faggot by two members and everyone else said nothing. so much for non tolerance about talking trash. if you want respect you have to give it sir. hemifever called all v10s OLD. i guess its okay for him to insult you guys, cause you're afraid to say anything against him in case you want a tune, right ? maybe you guys should realize that since the v10 was avail right up to 2002-2003 and then the hemi came in, he is calling the hemis old too. but...... that's just fine with you guys cause you don't have the guts to pick a fight with the "big guy" do you ? ALL OUR TRUCKS OLD ? IM SURE THERE ARE A LOT OF GUYS WHO HAVE A HECK OF A LOT OF NEW PARTS IN THEIR TRUCKS LIKE I DO. THERE ISN'T ONE SENSOR OR ACCESSORY SUCH AS WATER PUMP, AC COMPRESSOR, ETC. ON MY TRUCK THAT ISN'T BRAND NEW.

Who cares if the modern hemi is not a "true hemi" according to you. I didn't buy my truck because of the hemi badge.

you miss the whole point. coming from a 32 year old who missed the whole era, FIGURES.

Nissan. No local dealers to me at the time so that's an automatic no go. 3 hours drive to the dealer is out of the question.

yep. 3 hour drive to make a 30 k investment is not wise in your book. would anyone agree ?

you are missing the point, sir. the fact is and still remains that you obviously keep that hemi badge on there, don't you !? in fact it does matter to you. you LIKE that hemi image don't you ? comon guys. take off that badge. know what ? you won't. you want to live the lie. you want to live the hemi rep built by 426 and keith black.

AS FAR AS THE 5.7 ENGINE BEING A MOPAR ENGINE, I'LL GIVE THAT TO HEMI LONESTAR ON A TECHNICALITY. HOWEVER, TRY GOING TO ROCKAUTO.COM OR EVEN AUTOZONE.COM... !!!! THE 5.7 ENGINE IS THE 350 GM ENGINE AS BOTH WEBSITES SAY AND HAS BEEN FROM 1970-1996. HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE MOPAR ENGINE OF THE 1950'S ! THE NEXT THING IM GOING TO HEAR IS THE 5.7 IS A MERCEDES ENGINE FROM 1922 ! LOOK. THE 5.7 ENGINE FROM MOPAR IS LIKE TAKING OUT A DUSTY OLD BOOK FROM A ATTIC AND SAYING, LOOK, ITS MINE !!!! WELL, I DON'T THINK SO. NOW, IF SOMEONE CAN SHOW ME THAT THE 5.7 WAS AROUND FOR 20 YEARS, THEN ILL CHANGE MY OPINION ON IT. HOWEVER, ASK ANY GUY WALKING AND THE 5.0 IS THE FORD, THE 5.7 IS THE GM, THE 460 IS THE FORD, THE 426, 440, 340 IS THE MOPAR.
INSTEAD OF FAULT ME, WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND NOT BUY THE TRUCK AND WRITE TO MOPAR. ALL THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD... WHY DON'T YOU DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND DO IT RIGHT NOW AND DEMAND THE 426 IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE THE HEMI BADGE.
THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, THE HEMI BADGE SUCKS THE LEGACY OF THE 426 AND DIMINISHES IT. MAYBE IT DOESN'T MATTER TO A 32 YEAR OLD BUT IM CERTAIN IT MATTERS TO A 52 YEAR OLD.
TO MAKE A DAYTONA RAM A RUMBLE BEE RAM A 4 DOOR CHARGER IS ALL PATHETIC AND INSULTING TO THE HERITAGE OF MOPAR. a daytona ram ?! this is sickening ? that's what you get when you got guys working that are 35 years old and below. they simply dont remember.

RATHER THAN YOU GUYS FIGHT WITH ME FOR FUN, WHY DON'T YOU GET TOUGH AND DEMAND THAT MOPAR FINALLY DROP THE 426 HEMI GEN 3 ENGINE INTO THE RAMS ALREADY ? WHY DO YOU ACCEPT mediocrity FROM HEMIFEVER AND MOPAR ? WHY DO RAM GUYS HAVE TO BE SECOND RATE?!?!!?

IF MOPAR CAN HAVE AVAIL A RETROFIT KIT TO PUT A HEMI INTO A JEEP NOW, WHY NOT A 426 HEMI GEN 3 WITH COMPUTER ( IT DOESN'T COME WITH COMPUTER AS OF 6 MONTHS AGO WHEN I CHECKED. IT'S NOT A COMPLETE PACKAGE).

IF ALL YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE SAID NO TO THIS "HEMI" AND SIMPLY WROTE MOPAR LETTERS, YOU WOULD HAVE TRUCKS WORTH BEING PROUD OF, DESTINED TO BE COLLECTORS AND TRUCKS YOU'D KEEP FOREVER.

INSTEAD AS HEMILONESTAR SAYS, THE 5.7 HEMI WAS BASICALLY ABANDONED BY THE AFTERMARKET.....CHECK HIS COMMENTS ABOUT THE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET.

I WONDER WHY.

THINK ABOUT IT.

ITS CAUSE ITS JUST ANOTHER ENGINE, DESTINED TO GO INTO THE JUNKPILE JUST LIKE OUR V10'S. WELL, THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT IN MY BOOK.

DO IT RIGHT AND STAY WITH IT. INVEST IN YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR CUSTOMERS. DON'T ABANDON THEM. THEY ABANDONED US CAUSE WE LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. WE KEPT SILENT WITH OPINIONS LIKE YOURS SIR WHERE IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF THE 426 WAS PUT INTO OUR TRUCKS, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN INVESTED IN BY EVERYONE PERMANENTLY. THE FACTORY, THE AFTERMARKET, EVERYONE.