Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven 4x4 View Post
Hello All,
Our Laramie has under 7K and electrical problems started approx. 2K ago. Sometimes (About 15 times so far) when you try to start her up it does nothing, all of the lights and gauges and so forth illuminate as normal but no reaction click etc. from the starter. After setting for a bit and a few tries it has cranked and not left us stranded. Same problem using either of two keys we have.

I thought maybe a loose connection or something may be the cause. We took it back to the dealer, they had a few day's. The service order describes the problem as "6678 Interm Open Starter Circuit 08890102, .3 Tested, Replaced, And Configured TIPN Module". I felt all along that it was a relay issue of some sort.

Well it happened again yesterday and the wife needless to say was pissed, it's her daily driver, I drive my 2002 Z-71. We called the dealer and told them about the recurring problem, we wanted to have a comporable truck loaned for the weekend since we already had RV reservations and some much needed surf fishing/beach therapy in our future. We had already spent $70 on a rental from the first time and wanted a free loaner. Of course nobody could confirm or deny the free loaner.....

The dealer called back this morning and wants to give us another truck, yes, replace the truck, so this must be a fairly serious problem and possibly a fire hazard. I sure don't feel safe parking the truck in the garage. I'll keep you posted. FYI the service mgr. had said they had one other truck with the same problem but they have not had it happen again after the "repair" like we did.

I'll end this post by stating that our 2008 Lone Star 2x4 never had a single problem.
This is the exact thing plaguing my truck.