Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HemiSam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
How did you unclip the black panel from the metal door? I couldn't figure out how to get mine loose(after removing the bolts). This is on the rear door. Someone said I need to un clip the window by removing the speaker and the access panel.
There are a few steps. You saw all the 10mm bolts..that's the easy part. You have to unclip the window through the two points described by the op in this thread, and I'd removed the inner felt liner to allow me to pull the window out....no need to remove the outer one or the rear view mirror IMO.

There's a few points (top and bottom) where the black panel has a nipple that locks into the door and you have to get those released. I then unscrewed the locking mechanism on the side of the door that has three torx bits. That allowed me to get in there sufficiently to unclip the wiring harness at the locking mechanism using a screw driver. With that I was able to all but remove the panel, and get it out of the way enough to do the work. It's a bit of a PITA but the next time I do the other side, it'll go much faster.

HemiSam