View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
...... Damn glad you had BIG pictures. Thinking maybe you could put some crayon marks on the next ones though!?
I do my best to please. Since you didn't specify the crayon color, I randomly selected orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
The picture I took is sideways (should have flipped it before I uploaded it). I can't get my camera up into the space to show the real fine screen without a periscope feature. In the pic you can see the coarser of the two screens. It appears to cover the entire intake opening and is the furthest (towards the engine compartment) of the two screens the much finer screen only protrudes up into the intake opening about a quarter of the way. It protrudes up from the bottom (towards the floorboard). I would suspect they are to keep leaves/debris from being sucked into the system. I also ASSUME they are accessed under the wiper cowl. I was wondering if anyone else noticed these and PERHAPS has taken the cowl off to see. All of this because as I mentioned I can get my head pretty far up my butt at times and I figured I'd laugh at someone else for a change.
I am not aware of the finer screen, but will look for it next chance I get. I really don't think this is a filter as it would require cleaning and there is no mention of a filter (let alone cleaning one) in the owners manual or service manual. Is it a screen/filter, or is that just a design cast into the housing piece? :4-donknow:

The coarser one appears to be there to catch large firewood sized debris before it damages the filter.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI