View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012 July - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Sponsored by:

www.rippmods.com

Congratulations to our July Winner!!

double0ram

And now a word from your winner.....

Iíll start off by thanking all the members on here and the sponsors supporting MOTM. Thanks to all participating in the MOTM and supporting this forum. Itís been a positive place to learn, talk, and show my truck. I joined in December 2010, looking for some information on how to build a cold air intake for my 2g. I ended up snagging a spectre kit off eBay, and for a while I wasnít active on the forum. Slowly but surely I started checking in more and more, and soon it became a habit. And now here I am typing this.

My name is Jaron Bernette, Iím 23 yrs old, married to my wife Jordan (2009) and we have two kids, Jameson (2 yrs) and Kali (4 months), as well as 2 dogs, Diesel (blk lab/retriever) and Hemi (lab/shepherd). I enlisted in the Air force in 09 as Security Forces, the AFís police/security, and ended up stationed in SD. I basically ride around in a patrol car for 12 hours browsing the forum. I was born in Raleigh NC, my dad was a marine stationed at Camp Lejeune. Both me and my wife were raised in Wisconsin Rapids, WI, and when I separate from the AF in December, thatís where we are going. Iíll be getting back into school for my Paramedics, and a degree in Fire Science. I also volunteer down at the local Fire Department, so when I'm not working on my Ram or with my family, thatís where Iím at.

As for my ram, this beast of a 2g is my second ram Iíve owned. My first was a super clean black 99 1500 sport that I bought just because my dad had the same one, yes at one time there was a 2000 blk sport and a 99 black sport chilling at my parents house. Shortly after I got back from a deployment in 2010, I traded my 99 sport for this 00 1500. I miss the sport for sure.

Some of my mods include a 5 inch BDS lift, 35 wranglers MTRs on 16x8 steelies, cai with a homemade ram air, 2008 front bumper, 3 inch straight pipes, led cab lights integrated to my turn signals (probably my favorite mod), and a solid 250000+ miles on the original 318, with no major repairs engine wise. Just some good quality time spent taking care of it. The truck is a DD for me, and a weekend toy for playing around in the black hills and some of the prairies here in SD, and Iím due for some fun in the mud, just waiting on rain.

I have way too many future mods to list, so hereís the condensed list of what I need, what is in the near future, and some far off dreams for it. So my immediate mods Iím looking at are a dash mat, in channel window vent visors, Heartthrob Velocity Series muffler, headache rack w/Hella 500s (an obsession of mineÖ), 4 ft firestik cb antennas, and Iím still in the market for a rear bumper lol. Far off plans include either a 396 stroker, new paint (midnight blue pearl, or satin black) OR a completely different route which involves a wrecked 2500 or 3500 (or cheap broken) 4 door ext. cab long box Cummins and combining mine with the wreck. Those are just ideas Iíve been tossing around.

Once again, thanks to everyone who voted. Everyone on here makes this a great community of like minded people. And I canít forget to thank Dodge, because after all, thatís why weíre here. Oh and one last thingÖÖ. SECOND GEN POWER!!!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Sponsored links