View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

@ dwzild
Great, so it seems that your system is now working correctly. Steraming audio won't be an option while the docking cable is pluggen in. This the way that Chrysler wants it and the only way to work around Apples desire to be in control. If for some reason that you want to stream audio and charge the phone / iPod at the same time, then what I did was to purchase a USB charger that fits into the cig lighter port.
But really there are several reasons to go with the docking cable but these are the main ones:
1) full library control thru the radio by browsing or voice commands,
2) charging during play,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwzild View Post
@XSDBS,

Apparently, I have the newer "2012" uConnect HFM. I was able to apply the 08-018-12 update. I no longer have to chose which output to use when USB cable is connected. uConnect BT is no longer an option when plugged in. Haven't played with it too much. I'll tinker around tomorrow. Thanks for all your info in multiple threads on multiple forums.

I don't want to steer this thread in the wrong direction b/c I know you are trying to get 2011 BT issues resolved. Just wanted to give you a shout out.

Thanks again.