Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
TravRam07 is on a distinguished road
Default Power additions: headers, chip and manifold?

Hello,
I was just wondering what people are finding to be the best additions to their truck, be it headers or chipping or intake manifolds. I will eventually do all 3 if people are finding it beneficial, but I have a few questions as to which to do first (if it matters) and installation pains.

1) What are some good aftermarket headers and can I just bolt them on with the existing exhaust pipe or do I have to get new piping as well?

2) What have people found to be the best chip/ tuner? I've been wanting to get one for some time now, but I cant find what is the best for the buck for the 07's?

3) Wanting to increase my intake manifold to an 85 mm (bbk?) but am not sure if there are others out there or if this mod is worth it?

Any and all information on these questions would be much appreciated. I will be updating my profile (new, so doing that next) but as of now I just have the K&N intake and a Flowmaster Muffler...

Thanks in advance and hope to hear some great tips soon, want to get these mods done before winter. Gas mileage increase would be great, but power increase would be BETTER!! haha
Sponsored links