View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
I lived in MA till I was 25 nothing like working on a 15yo car subjected to road salt. Lots of saws and torches anytime work needed to be done.
Well same thing here with this van, I was born in NJ and lived there about 13 years and the van well spent about 10-13 years of it's life in NJ and the rest is being spent in FL. But eitherway, that rock salt ruins thing, the frame in the rear is starting to rot out completely so I have to fix that before it's too late. But the new driveshaft is very nice, I completed installing the rear suspension yesterday. I can tell you, it's a totally different animal now with this new suspension. Almost no body roll, it doesn't take turns as gracefully it's tends to loose traction, it has the comfort of a f-250 (no comfort), but there is 4600Lbs of total weight capacity at the rear so it's catch-22, can't have the support without loosing comfort. I upgraded the hardware too, the u-bolts and pivot bolts were grade 5, i went up to grade 8. The old u-bolts were 1/2" diameter the new ones are 5/8". I replaced the old spring plates with some cnc laser cut 3/8" plates from ballistic fabrication. And all the bushings have been replaced, rubber bushings of course. But so far I have put about 6000 bucks into this van in the past year to year and half. This weekend I have to replace the torque converter and next week I'm rebuilding the entire A/C system, I have a front and rear A/C system. On top of all that I am re-insulating the driver side of the van, the old insulation is R11, I moved up to R13 and didn't get to finish the entire van. But everything is all good thus far. The new suspension corrected the driveline geometry which is what I was looking for.