View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagosta View Post
thank you for your response:
ok i believe it is the crank.. it is the large pulley dead center on the bottom in front has 3 grooved sections on it one goes to the alternator the other to the air pump which is disconnected and the final one goes to the water pump/fan. and none of them appear to be turning.. the fan was turning and the alternator is free moving with no wobbles. and the belt just keens jumping off.. could it have anything to do with the steering belt being replaced. is something off there? or is there something not right causing it to lock up and jump? i don't want to change the belt which does not appear too old,, but i have to at this point.. and the battery is still not charged so waiting until tomorrow...

also the water pump fan is spinning and the alternator is as well the only one i cant see spinning is the large one in the center below.. with 3 v grooves.. ?

This is confusing...the large one at the bottom is the crank/harmonic balancer pulley. If the engine was running and the other belts were turning I'd think it has to be spinning.

These should all be connected and work as one unit.

Take a piece of chalk or a bottle of white out and put a line across the outer edges of each groove and on the bottom of the inside where it bolts onto the crank shaft. Put an aligning mark on the timing cover even with the line. Then crank it and make sure they're all moving.

Last edited by Warlock III; 08-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.