View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about
Default Exhaust setup questions

So I posted earlier about a hole in my exhaust and how I was thinking of getting a new setup instead of fixing it. Well I've been looking around for the last week or so online and watching videos and everything and I think I found what I want to do.

I'm thinking I'm going to replace the Y pipe with a Magnaflow 2.5" dual in/ 3" single out and then go with a Flowmaster Super 10 series 3" single in/ 2.5" dual out muffler and then just run the exhaust out the back of the truck. Its not a true dual setup but it will look like it from behind.

What do you guys think of this setup? I came up with it after finding a video of a guy who did the same thing only different sizes on his 2010.
Here's the link to that video

Now I'm looking to be real loud and I think this setup will give me that but I was wondering if instead of doing the Super 10 muffler right after the Y pipe if instead I ran 2 super tens later on each individual pipe more towards the rear. Would this be louder? or is one right after the Y pipe better for that?

My last question would be could a muffler shop supply the pipes? The Flowmaster setup I have right now is a single in/dual out but the both turn and come out right in front of my rear passenger wheel, so from the side it looks like a single in/ single out with dual tips. I don't have the stock piping for the muffler shop to just cut into and make the setup so would they be able to put piping in there?

I plan on going to the shop tomorrow to talk to them and see what they say.

Thanks guys!
Supercharged, cammed, other things too!
Sponsored links