Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1989 Dodge D150
Color: Red/White
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:10
footbal9584 is on a distinguished road

Ok guys got an update for y'all.

I went to pull a part and had lots of fun finding as many parts and pieces I could get my hands on. They had a 1990 Ram 150 which is where I got most of the stuff, others I got off a 100 and 250 around the same year. So I spent $70 and here is what I got.

1. Fuel pump assembly
2. Washer fluid reservoir and pump
3. OEM Radio
4. Good Windshield washer nozzles
5. Passenger small window latch
6. Wiring harness for rear half of truck
7. Driver door glass with a mint condition track

Here are the pics.

Here is the wiring harness for the rear lights I got. As you can see the connectors for the lights are still on there so i will be able to easily get the trailer light kit and install it. I am going to use waterproof connectors when I splice this harness in with the original wiring to guarantee no problems.

You can see my new radio here. I couldn't test it at pull a part and when I got it home I found the display did not work. So I took it apart and found the solder for the resistor right next to the LCD panel was broken. I resoldered it and now everything works perfect on it. I just need to clean the sticky residue off it.

Here is the new driver window I got. The lower track rusted off my current window and I could not find anyone who had it both dealers and glass shops. It rusted so bad because the lower window seals fell apart so rain got in there also broke the speaker too. I haven't gotten those yet so I am going to wait to put this window in. In the mean time I am going to wire brush the surface rust off and paint it to ensure it lasts a very long time.

Here is my new fuel pump assembly next to my old one with my brass fitting failed attempt. I ended up just dismantling the top portion of each assembly because the insides of the new one seemed more beat up than mine plus I didn't know how good the fuel pump was. So I just swapped the top part and now it works perfectly again. I still do not know what the white hose fittings are for, I anyone does I would greatly appreciate it.

I got two emblems that my truck was missing. I am still looking for the 150 emblems that are supposed to go next to the RAM emblem though.

And my washer fluid reservoir. I used to have just a washer fluid gallon bottle with a hose in it going from the universal pump, but now I got the stock reservoir and believe it or not but the pump on the reservoir still works.

I did not get a picture of the washer nozzles or the window latch yet but will as soon as I get time. I also spent this afternoon cutting off some rusted bolts on the frame and welding a couple patches on which I will take pics of as well. I also removed a trailer brake controller that didn't work because half of the wires were rotted out/cut.

I also found out that monitor looking plug into the differential is the differential speed sensor so i am planning on getting one of those as well.

My next steps are now replacing the brake and fuel lines/hoses. I noticed the fuel filter was extremely rusted so I am going to replace that. I actually found a new one behind the seat I am guessing my dad bought, but never put it in. Once those are replaced I will be able to take it and get the frame sandblasted and painted and replace the leaf spring hangers.

So my next questions are...

What do you all recommend for a frame coating that's going to last a long time?

Also what are those white hose fittings on the fuel pump assembly for? There is a ball on the inside right there in a cage so maybe some sort of fuel shutoff for a rollover condition?