Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 2wd express rcsb
Trim Level: express
Color: black clear coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jlibert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
Not marine...there's a billet CR block out now and I hear a billet head isn't far behind. Last I heard those were about 10k!!! I'd build a Brad 6 for that kind of cash.

Body mods in the short term are the obvious debadging and if they make it for a single cab the front lip and lower body panels Dodge sells. Looks like those might by QC only? I have t figured that out yet. I'll be swapping the Sport hood for a regular one I'm sure you've already considered it, but... If you're ditching the sport hood, wheels, converter, etc. why not just get an express and put the 7k or so towards the build? I suppose the interior might be a deal breaker if you were in love with that part and also ditching the rear bumper for one without exhaust cut outs. Gonna just run a Magnaflow side exit single 3" cat back.
If someone besides street scene will make a roll pan I'd like one of those...theirs is hideous. I might have to get Grant fabrication to make me a weld in at some point.
Also can't decide between a Snuglid or Gaylord's x2000 hard bed cover. Those are the only 2 totally smooth covers I've found.

I think the audio will be spot on. The speakers came from my black truck. I know most people have never heard of those amps but trust me, there's nothing flea market about them. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
I called about those wheels today and got some good news.
They'll do whatever color I want...which is gunmetal. The ones in the pic I posted are actually black.
It's a 22x10 wheel with a 4 1/4" lip and will completely tuck. Since it's a forged center the mounting pad is thinner than a cast wheel so they can get away with a bigger lip. Their words but it works for me. Not sure if you've ever ran a 2-3 piece wheel on a daily driver, but I've had problems with both sets of forged multi-piece wheels I've used. If you ever think you'll go lower than 2-3 inches in the front, you'll probably need to incorporate a drop spindle. Mcgaughy increases the track width in front by about 1/2" on each side.
Lead time is 2-3 days to paint the center then 10-14 days to build the wheels after that.
I want a wide wheel, low profile, wide tire and plenty of room for a 3/5 drop with no fender liner rubbing of any kind. In my head that 305/35/22 is perfect.

I talked to the guy the helps me a lot on fabbing custom parts and we're gonna look into ditching the rear shocks and springs and running coil overs out back instead that way I can get a really good shock back there. That's just an idea right now though.
please post lots of pics during the build!