Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone star crew cab
Color: stone white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mikoz is on a distinguished road
Default rear bumper of 1500 2009 Lone star crew cab with Hemi

Hi,

There's a 2" dent in my chrome rear bumper. I don't know if something hit me or another driver who regularly drives the vehicle hit something. The dent is on the corner at the bottom. I can post a picture if it helps. It's the hemi bumper (dual exhaust outlets, no park distance, chrome) . I had a few questions:

1. are chrome bumpers repairable? I guess every case is different, just looking for experiences. Again, I can post if there's traction on this. I live in Austin, if anyone knows of a place in particular

2. if it's not repairable and needs to be replaced, where's the best place to obtain a bumper. I'd be okay with a reconditioned bumper.

3. if I get a new bumper, could I get a bumper with Park distance control sensors holes and add PDC to the truck? If so, how involved is that (I added an aftermarket radio and backup camera so I'm okay with that type of work)? Is the truck pre-wired for PDC and/or are the electronics for PDC already in the vehicle?

4. If I get a bumper with PDC sensor holes and an OEM style solution isn't possible or realistic due to costs, modifications, etc... could I still get the PDC-ready bumper and go with an aftermarket solution? If so, what are some recommendations?

Thanks!
Sponsored links