Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
itsreese is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshertruck View Post
itsreese,

Which base did you go to? How long did it take you to install them? Did you actually disconnect all the crap that most videos show or just remove the shock, compress the spring and swap out shock?
Sorry for the delay, I thought I was subscribed to the thread. I went to Ft Story (Little Creek VA) and just used the standard impact tools and a lift.

I am not mechanically incompetent but im not a total grease monkey either and, got to the shop when they opened at 9 on the lift by 10 and had it to Tread Quarters for alignment by 3. In my posession after a shower and change on my way to hooters for beers at 6.

The rears I did without removing anything, just using a floor jack in teh driveway, but using a wrench doesnt tighten them enough, I got rattle. While in the shop i popped off the inner fenders to get clearance on the nuts and hit them w/ the impact and it went away.

On the front, I took the nuts off the Steering control and and sway bar, but put the nut back on to keep everything in place. I had <5500 miles on it so my ball joint just slid right off. after that, 3 nuts and one bolt/nut and the strut was out. Used a hand type compressor on the spring and whammy. Put it back in, hit it all with an impact... drove around the block on gravel in 4hi, then rehit it all with the impact again. it was actually real easy IF you have access to the right tools and can pay attention to detail.. i.e. not forget to tighten something important like a ball joint or steering arm.