Old 08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
itsreese is on a distinguished road

IRT to the "dealer kits"... if you are referring to the MOPAR 2" lift kit, thats the one thats gonona run 1500-2000 insalled. I downloaded the book and can get the number to make sure we are all on the same page, but the one that was discontinued was the leveling kit, the spacers. You used to be able to go in and have the blocks put on your struts to get leveled out, now you cant (read shouldnt) be able to get them from a dealer since they are not offered in the MOPAR catalog.

The 2" lift is offered, and yes its a little over priced, but it depends on what you are looking for. Its actually gonna hike you up a bit more than just using Bilstein 5100s, becuase the MOPAR kit is 4 Bilstein 5100s, 2 rear progressive rate coils made by another company, (I want to say superlift) as well as some upper and lower travel stops you bolt on and the required hardware and acessories to relocate your brake lines.

Sure the stops and the relocation are a good thing to have, and to cover their backside is why the dealer wants them on a factory offered kit, but i called around a LOT and they are not required.

Ovbiously you can get the 5100s everywhere, and I looked and the progressive rate coils (SUP140) can be bought at a few webistes for under $160. The 5100s wont hike up your back end, the coils will, and I went 2.1 on my 5100s and have about 1" of rake. I have read that 2.8 setting on a stock 1500 leaves you nose high. teh MOPAR kit has the 5100s and the 2 rear coils so you raise the front and back, making it more of a true lift. if you go 5100s alone, you level out, and the bed feels stiffer, more like a tuck but wont come up.