View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Ram Tex, is that your truck sig with the 5.7 6.6? If you don't mind me asking, what is the bore and stroke of this engine? I saw an aluminum one on the pwr website and was wondering if they have the same specs. Btw, I'd like to hear from the horses mouth about the cam swap and his post swap track results. Just wondering how many valves if any he sent through the pistons, he he! He may not hear anthing at first but once he maxes his to best advance 93 tune performce he'll be on pins and needles...specially without a phase limiter. It's more than likely that B&G just did a reflash and 91 tune for safe keeps...jut guessing
Well its a 6.6 and i cant remember the bore or the stroke id have to call stu and ask him or Chuck the guy that bored my block for the new pistons...

And the reason i built my motor was from a bad cam install back when it was uncharted territory and no one had a clue how to do it... and my timming was way off with this spartan eagle cam and it didnt bend any valves just tore the hell out of the pistons the heads and broke the #4 intake valve guide because i put one of the pushrods into an oil sump hole instead of the friggin lifter... And having a 1/4in of aluminum rattle around in every single cylinder is what did the majority of the damage. Having the cam timing off only scored the all the pistons with valve marks...

But now im pretty much a top and bottem end pro on these motors...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 08-15-2012 at 06:03 PM.