View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg9207 View Post
I have a question for you. How does that clear cover look after driving? I am considering this CAI or the Volant. My biggest concern with this one is that I will be constantly cleaning the cover because it will be dirty. The volant is solid so you can't see inside, not as good looking when first installed, but don't have to worry about that cover looking like garbage because it's used.

I'm a little anal about my engine bay and its appearence so I know exactly what you're saying. I can handle my truck being dirty/filthy [nature of the beast when it calls] but two areas you'll never find my truck out of order is the cabin and the engine compartment.

No problems at all with the cover being dirty. Unless a very light film of dust is an issue for you. Yes, once a few weeks or so, you do get a light film of dust that builds up on top of the clear plexiglass cover. This is no different than the dust that also accumulates in your engine compartment; simply because the engine bay is not a sealed unit so dirt, road grime and whatnot does cawl its way thru the crevices.

Also, after washing my truck, I often have some dried water spots on the cover. No biggie.

I wipe the plexiglass S&B intake cover once every couple of weeks or so. Usually with a dry microfiber cloth but at times with window cleaner sprayed on the cover.

I've yet to have an issue with the bottom of the cover collecting dirt/debris/dust [ie: the underside that sits inside the filter housing assembly]. I have not had to unscrew the the clear lid to clean the underside to date. This is a little surprising to me because previous S&B clear CAI covers have been unlike this abd have required regular wipedowns. Quite a pleasant suprise this time around.

Hope this helped.

Grub out!