Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
Just got my Magnaflow 12589 (22x5x11 ) installed a few days ago. REALLY like the rumble of it. It's a bit louder than stock, and I like it. Seems to give me better throttle response too, a little quicker to rev. I can't really comment on MPG yet, hard to tell.
I've even pulled the camper with it, and it seems very happy, no drones or weird tones. Sounds awesome.

I don't think I'll be removing any resonators, as that is ill-advised, but I'm still considering the Y-pipe change. The muffler guy I use is excellent, and works on racing stuff. He's not convinced the Y-pipe change is going to do much.
I have the exact same muffler as you and I deleted the resonators by replacing the stock duals with new 2.5 pipe and 2 new 4x18 tips and I would HIGHLY recommend deleting the resonators to any one running the 22x5x11 maggy You get a deeper tone/rumble and in doing so there is absolutely zero drone added in cab but the exterior volume is definitely increased. It must have something to do with the increased case size of the muffler (5x11 we have vs the 4x9s everyone else seems to run)

My buddy runs a 14 with the resonators still in place on his 2011 and it drones like an SOB and in all honesty its barely louder then mine. The first time he was in my truck his comment was with how loud this thing is when you take off Im shocked at how quite it is in the cab all I could do was grin... So dont be afraid to remove the resonators if ever want a bit more bite.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps