View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red05Ram View Post
Dyno tuning done! I highly recommend it my truck runs so much better now. Got it tuned in Austin and it was 112 outside even hotter in the dyno box they had so power numbers weren't amazing 290hp 298tq to the rear. That's 112 weather 4x4 with 305/55/20 3 ply mud tires on the factory 20s. Doesn't sound too impressive but driving it is a huge difference. It pulls all the way you the rpms 6200 is where I shift now. My 3rd gear doesn't feel like a slug anymore it picked up a lot. I'm overall very very happy with everything! Minor idle surge to fix but I'm working with Stu now to fix it and I'll be done! When it cools down I wanna make another run I know I'll pick up more power. May get some 16s with drag radials see the big difference in power. My 305/55/20 on stock rims weigh 116lbs a piece with air so def dragging power away there. Very happy though so hope this helps!
you are correct...dyno numbers don't always tell the whole story. dynos are great for tuning but the track is where it's at.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP