View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
That opti coat stuff does seem awesome lol. My problem would be getting my paint absolutely perfect before applying it. It is applied by hand.

I also agree that it's almost all personal preference. I have seen vehicles that the owners all use different stuff and they all look amazing.

I like using the Adams and it works great for me. I wouldn't hesitate to use another manufactures stuff if it was something that caught my eye and I needed it. I think the most important part before getting into certain manufactures is just getting quality products no matter who they are buy.
Agreed. And I wish more manufacturers would do the made in the US thing like Adam's touts. Collinite Waxes and Optimum Products are a good start though. Collinite is poured and shipping out of Utica NY.

I have been working on perfecting my paint on my car for a while now. Working at it step by step to avoid complacency when it comes to exhaustion. I am Opticoating it, but I am making sure that the paint is near perfect and not overdoing myself with long days. I have been compounding and polishing the paint and then sealing it with Optiseal. When I have all of the panels compounded and polished I will strip the paint, jewel the paint with a finishing polish, clean the paint, and apply the Opticoat. But I am a perfectionist and somehow I don't know if I will ever be happy enough