View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
So am I right about this >>> the opti seal just sprays on the (clean) paint very sparingly, wipes on and you walk away? Doesn't get much easier than that. And it really lasts 1 year + like they advertise? I'd still do it at least once a year.
OptiSeal is a wipe on and walk away product. It came out a few years ago, and other manufactures are starting to do similarly. Adam's has a quick sealant now that is relatively similar. Optiseal will last a few months, like a normal sealant. However, one 8oz bottle gets you 40 applications. I apply it a few times a year to parts of my vehicle as it takes about 5 minutes to seal an entire vehicle. I use it on my glass, wheels [before opticoat], plastics, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
From my brief reading hey have a spray seal and then some stuff that's in a syringe looking tube. The tune is what last for over a year and you do a panel at a time and wipe it on woth a cross pattern to get it even.

Optiseal - Spray Sealant
Opticoat - Permanent coating that was tested 5+ years ago and has yet to fail on test vehicles. It is labeled semi-permanent as it can be polished off, but otherwise you can apply it once and never wax your car again. Once you apply it once though, it's not coming off without polishing.

I don't know really anything about it though just a few seconds of reading so my knowledge is weak lol.