View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough

Do you guys think that there is that much room for improvement? I have done the whole mustang thing also, and with the 4 link in the rear, the control arm switch is a must do, but looking at the setup of the rear on this, it is very close in the stock form to what you would upgrade to in the mustangs, and the camaros of yesterday had the panhand rod from the factory. Those were all thin stamped control arms on those cars, so rounded, or boxed, poly bushed ends were great improvements to the rear for traction and to help eliminate hop! NOt to say that there isnt room for improvement. But the setup is already close to the old style Nascar setup, just shorter control arms. When lowering the truck, some of the angles could use some adjusting, but a pretty damn good setup from the factory. My friend has a 2009, with a supercharger, he has upgraded the arms with custom built pieces, but beyond that he still runs the stock springs and shocks, with slicks and pulls mid 12 second 1/4s, with no wheel hop or other problems to speak of. In my opinion pretty damn good from the start! plus with a coilover setup you will have to fabricate sometype of strong brace to have a location for it to bolt up too.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes