View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I wanted to be on an XP Pro machine when I wrote this to get the mouse clicks right.

VERY, VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
*** Disclaimer ***
I am NOT a computer wiz, nor am I an IT professional. I'm just a Ram Truck owner that's been playing with computers since before you heard of the internet. I know enough to keep my computers up and running, and should be considered a well read amateur. The advice I am giving is based solely on my personal experience(s) and should NOT be taken as the advice of an expert. Proceeding with the following has risks, and you bear full responsibility for your actions, so if you do not want that responsibility, call a professional.

*** End Disclaimer ***

Here is how to get to the network area and change the settings to dynamic instead of static. Hopefully you get the right windows that follow my description. I wrote this while on an XP Pro machine to enhance the chances of success.

Start
Control Panel
Network Connections (This opens in new window)
Local Area Connection (This opens in new window)
Properties (This opens in new window)
Scroll in the box to - Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and select it
Properties (This opens in new window)
This is where I am expecting you have selected 'Use the following IP address' followed by numbers in the following 3 boxes.
Below that you likely have 'Use the following DNS server addresses' selected and numbers in the following 2 boxes.
If yes to either of both of the above, write these numbers down, then in both cases select the 'Obtain ...........blah, blah, blah' and click on OK.
Now you get to wait a bit while windows spends anywhere from 30sec to 5 minutes doing what should only take 612 milliseconds to complete.

Now restart your computer and it should get a valid IP address and connect to the internet.

>> Insert finger crossed emoticon here <<

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI