View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you have a compressor that is rated to run an spray gun (25+ Gal) and a clean garage wher you can spray with no worries it's fairly straight forward. Get a DA sander and sand the clear coat down with a high grit paper (800-1000 then 1500) clean it off really well then wipe with a electrostatic cloth, then apply the clear coat according to the manufacturer's recomendations. Oh, mask all other areas off around the spray areas so you don't get the overspray. sand down again with the 1500 using lots of water and you'll get a real smooth finish.

If there's any other guys on here that know more about this than me, please pipe in, but that's the best I can give you.