View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default What fascination about the hemi?

OK you hemi boys,...tell me what's behind the REAL fascination that gets so many of you all excited?

Is it the rush you get from acceleration?
In town, all that means is you get from one red light to the next one quicker so you can sit there longer. And less mpg too.
Or speed? On many interstates, 80 or more mph puts in an order for the flashing blue light special.

Might it even be the pride you feel seeing that hemi badge on your quarter-panel?....I might even understand that one more.
Another possibility,.....is it admiring your dual exhaust tips?
No I don't know what exhaust system a factory hemi comes with, but if it splits into two pipes behind a single muffler, seems cosmetic to me.

Passing speed on a 2-lane might be a legitimate reason, but here in SC, I've not seen many opportunities or the need to.

Macho image?,...I certainly don't want that! It's a guy thing.

Crawling out on a limb maybe,....but could it be journalist put-downs on the 3.7? Or advice from your buds (goes back to macho).

And finally, let me just say that for us 3.7 owners, I personally have not encountered a single incident to date where that hemi power was TRULY needed. I will close with this: If it takes a hemi to please you, for what ever your reasons, then it's probably worth it to you.