View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Is it the rush you get from acceleration?
The acceleration is very nice, but ultimately it was not a deciding factor. But merging with the speed of the traffic flow on a 75 MPH interstate that has little to almost no acceleration lane is very nice
Might it even be the pride you feel seeing that hemi badge on your quarter-panel?....I might even understand that one more.
Negative, mine is completely debadged and I gave the HEMI badges to another member
Another possibility, it admiring your dual exhaust tips?
Negative, mine is dumped with empty cutouts. And it looks stupid LOL
Macho image?,...I certainly don't want that! It's a guy thing.
Something like that
I personally have not encountered a single incident to date where that hemi power was TRULY needed
I recently hauled about 2300 lbs of gravel in the bed, and it sure was nice to still have the power to get up and go. It was only a 4 mile trip, but still

All in all, I bought my truck because it had all the options I wanted and was in my price range. The HEMI just so happened to be in that truck. Could I have gone with the 4.7, yes I couldve. And I probably would've been just as happy. Could I have gone with the 3.7, no. I do too much hauling, pulling, and other "truck stuff" to have a V6 in a truck.