View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:415
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Quote:
Is it the rush you get from acceleration?
The acceleration is very nice, but ultimately it was not a deciding factor. But merging with the speed of the traffic flow on a 75 MPH interstate that has little to almost no acceleration lane is very nice
Quote:
Might it even be the pride you feel seeing that hemi badge on your quarter-panel?....I might even understand that one more.
Negative, mine is completely debadged and I gave the HEMI badges to another member
Quote:
Another possibility,.....is it admiring your dual exhaust tips?
Negative, mine is dumped with empty cutouts. And it looks stupid LOL
Quote:
Macho image?,...I certainly don't want that! It's a guy thing.
Something like that
Quote:
I personally have not encountered a single incident to date where that hemi power was TRULY needed
I recently hauled about 2300 lbs of gravel in the bed, and it sure was nice to still have the power to get up and go. It was only a 4 mile trip, but still

All in all, I bought my truck because it had all the options I wanted and was in my price range. The HEMI just so happened to be in that truck. Could I have gone with the 4.7, yes I couldve. And I probably would've been just as happy. Could I have gone with the 3.7, no. I do too much hauling, pulling, and other "truck stuff" to have a V6 in a truck.