View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlGrizz View Post
Now, should I decide to do an S&B CAI upgrade,will I need to do an exhaust mod as well to get the most out of the air box?

I highly recommend it!

More in requires a free-er flowing exit path.

Our exhausts systems have serveral restrictions at different paths. Not only are our OEM Y-pipe and mufflers heavily restricted when it comes to flow, but we also have another [often forgotten] horrid crimp on the right bank of our pipe from the headers that is directly under the transmission housing. Our OEM exhaust manifold is nothing to celebrate also.

At the very least, get these three areas addressed by simple cut-n-weld jobs; leaving the OEM pipes. Or even better - particularly if sound/build/fit-n-finish and apperarence is of any importance to you - go the whole shebang with a quality catback [see my sig for a suggestion] and quality free-flowing headers [JBA Cat4ward Shorties].

Consider a quality throttle body down the track also...or even sooner [Fastman TB's].

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlGrizz View Post
But,what gains can be expected in conjunction with an exhaust mod in a RAM?
If you're speaking of [just] an S&B CAI, quality catback and exhaust manifold [with the problem areas mentioned above addressed], I see no reason why you shouldn't be knocking on the door just north of 20HP.

Good luck.

Grub out!