Old 08-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: none
Trim Level: none
Color: na
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Cal2252 is on a distinguished road

I have had two Evos (a IX and a X) and for about 2K you can have about 340whp in each one. I know this because I did it in each. A nice flat torque curve (a good tune) and a 8.5 - 9K rev limiter makes those cars pull really hard. With the awd launch I could hit mid 12s (full weight) all day long and I am not that good of a driver. I have a buddy who is an excellent driver and he could hit low 12s routinely with the same setup (in a IX). My point is out of the box they are reasonably fast, but with a little cash they can be really fast. And that's why people buy those cars plus they are fun as crap on just about all roads and in just about all road conditions.

I am not calling BS on anyone as I am an enthusiast and not trying to make enemies, but the two length race with the stock (I'm assuming) X from a dig is probably a little on the rarer side, especially when someone knows how to drive that car. I definitely like my truck and it pulls pretty hard on the top end, but there is no way that I would have remotely kept up with either one of my Evos. And stock X's (2010-2012) have hit 13 from a dig. 2008 X's are a little slower. I may be in the low 14s with this truck, best guess, but I haven't run it yet. In fact I haven't even researched quarter mile times in this truck, with or without mods. Now this truck with a low boost application, a long stretch of road, and a rolling start may be a different story.

Take that for what it is... an opinion. Cheers!