View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about
Default [PHOTOS] Ported throttle body install, custom intake

Met up with a guy that runs a dodge performance business in Houston, TX and got a ported throttle body. I can feel the difference in the throttle response and pick up. I would recommend a ported throttle body over OEM. 12-24 HP bolt on

I also wanted to share some tricks about the rams intake system, and the proper way to get it set up.

Heres some side by side photos of the TB, new one on the left

Ported

Non Ported

Here is my setup

I used a piece of rubber bike tire around my air intake temp sensor, I have battled an air leak here for quite some time, but now have 100% of my air intake coming through the filter.

The other part of what I did was cut off the crankcase from the cold air intake.

And on the cold air intake port for the crank case I used another piece of tire to seal it off

I run a Huge Spectre cone filter

06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI

Last edited by sullivan; 08-28-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Sponsored links