Old 08-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:123
UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

1st....leave your fluid dynamics book on the shelf. I don't really care what it says. I'm pretty close with Mike Wood...owner of Nitrous Express. I'll take the word of the man that owns a nitrous company over your textbook. We've had this discussion in person. It's not a lot of liquid when the bottle is low and it WILL move away from the siphon tube....period.

2nd...I never posted that a burst disc failure caused that. I said the bottle has enough energy to cause that to happen in an enclosed vehicle. A disc popping off without a blowdown tube can release enough pressure in a closed vehicle to blow your eardrums. That's a fact. If you're driving down the road when it happens, bad things can happen. That's another fact.

I wasn't trying to scare anyone so don't twist what I said. I'm using my real world experience with over 20 years of messing with this stuff up to and including working on Nitrous Pro Mods to inform you and anyone else reading and considering nitrous use to do things right. Hopefully your personal safety is more important to you than getting pissy on an internet forum.
Don't worry though...I was 24 once too. I knew everything then just like you do now. Old guys like me that have actually done this stuff, not just read about it in textbooks don't know anything.

Have a great day.