View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasse View Post
I gotta tell ya, what a scam the whole credit report thing is, I worked with each of the 3 credit agencies and paid off a few loose ends to clean up my credit before purchasing my Ram...whoever the banks and dealers get their credit report scores from were all lower, and were all different from eachother than what my score was directly with the credit agencies...Im sure obviously to get higher interest rates but wow, what a damn scam that is and amazing how inconsistent from one agency to the other...Im not sure how its even legal for the agencies who report these supposed scores to the banks or dealers can get away with manipulating the numbers as they do...has anyone else out there had issues with this ? I put a higher amount down and had to accept a higher interest rate but will refinance in a year after the scores go up but again, its sure frustrating when the dealer showed me their agencies scores and they were all 30-60 points lower than what my scores were directly with Equifax, Experian and Transunion....
I woulda called BS on the dealer and started to walk out...they wouldn't lose the sale over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Join a Credit Union if you want the best interest rates

their rates are so much lower
something like 3 - 4 %
compare that against bank rates
yeah. I'm a member of two. One is offering 1.99% and the other 1.45%. Granted that is for a 36 month loan but a helleva deal if you can swing the payment.