Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Cherry
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
will51 is on a distinguished road
Default JBA Cat forward headers and tune

I was looking to place an order for JBA cat forward headers for my 2012 Ram, I have done some searching and have read that people are having issues from time to time with their truck running poorly and losing low end torque without a tune. From what I can gather the tune issue is with the secondary O2's and the elimination of the cats on the longtubes. (I've had this issue with previous newer vehicles I've modded as well). Having a 2012, from what I can gather, there are no tune options for me yet.

My question is, since the JBA cat forwards do not eliminate the cats, thus, do not affect the secondary O2's I can run safely without a tune, and since I'm not eliminating the stock cats, I will not lose quite as much low end torque?

Searched quite a bit and did not find this specific question asked, sorry if its already posted here somewhere.

Thanks
Current Mods: Billet Technology Catch Can, K&N Intake, Moe's Performance 85mm Throttle Body, Flowmaster 50 Series, Jet 180 Thermostat, Pro Comp 2.5" Leveling Kit, JBA Cat-Forward Headers, Toyo Open Country MT's 35x12.5x20
Future Mods: JBA Y-Pipe, Trinity Programmer, Sharadon Valve Body, 2800 Stall Converter, Fox Sub Enclosure filled with 2-12" Type R's, Hella 500 Black Magic Kit, RIPP SC, Air Lift 1000
Sponsored links