Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
slipknut is on a distinguished road
Default 2006 Ram 1500 Cortex 3950

So I was pretty excited to get my new Cortex 3950, that is until I tried to get it to work.

First I go through the registering the product online and that's where the trouble begins...not a good start. After picking Ram 1500 as my vehicle model it only has 2007 as the choice for year. Ram 2500 has all the years, Ram 1500 only has 2007.
So I log in and download the updater. Didn't do something right, had to uninstall and do it all over again but still won't let me choose 2006 for my model year. At least I can log in to the udater and change my profile there.
Speaking of that, when I log on to superchips.com it won't show my profile, only ads to their own products. It says I'm logged in but doesn't really help much.
I get the product updated after about an hour trying so I trust that when the unit says it's updated I assume it is going to work. Wrong!
When I plug it in to the truck it saves my stock file 1 and 2 so I think "great, time to play" only to get to the end of the process where it tells me vehicle calibration not on file. WTF!
Since I'm visiting my parents away from my home I thought I would go online to update the unit...again.
Now I log on to superchips.com, download the updater, register the product and jump through the same hoops and it won't let me log on to the updater. Says I'm not registered.
Huge waste of time. Far from plug and play. I'm logged on to the website, product is registered but won't let me update.

I guess I'll send the unit back if it's this much trouble updating. Time to try the diablo. Too bad, i was looking forward to using superchips. Major failure.

Anyone else have these issues. Seems like i just wasted 400 bucks.
Sponsored links