Thread: Next purchase
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:10
dicky is on a distinguished road
Default Next purchase

Hey folks, I'm Looking at a diesel for my next purchase but before I get into that I need to explain myself before in a really short piece. I've owned dodge trucks my whole life , but the best one was my 1998 12valve which I owned forever until life with kids and downsizing income ( single household) income. My wife is an at home mom of 3 and I bring the bread home.
My wife and I loved our 3/4 ton diesel and drove the country inside and out, but the truck was costing us an arm and a leg ( not the engine though)
Due to 3 kids, we needed a larger truck, and in 2009 sold our 12valve for a gaser Megacab . To this day it breaks my heart. Now this 2007 gaser Megacab has been really good to us except the Mpg. I have no real complaints.
I'm asking you viewers if it's worth it to look at a 2008 diesel , 3/4 or 1 ton.
I know nothing of the 6.7 family , but I know everything of the 12valve or 24 valve. My wife see's it everyday that I wish to return to oil burning. But I'm a single house hold income who can't afford to dump 2000.00$ into a problem that I'm not familiar with. Can any of you also tell what where the things to look for in the 2008 years for 6.7's . I hope to have either a 3/4 or 1 ton soon.
Thx
Dicky
Sponsored links