View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:901
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
With a cool engine/bay, I bag the alternator and the intake filter (open CAI), soak the engine bay in spray-on Simple Green and let it sit for 10 min. Then I run the pressure washer on it's lowest setting, just so it's got a fan of water, rinse the entire engine bay. Once i've soaked the engine completely, I'll let it dry for 10-15 min then I douse the bay with Mother's Protectant. I wipe up the excess and then run the engine for 10 min to dry everything off.
this has been my method as well, except i found a great product for protecting...sonus trim and motor kote. non greasy, and doesnt attract dust/dirt.

i did recently read however on another detailing forum that simple green can etch/corrode aluminum...not sure how true that is, but i thought id pass it along.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!