Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:123
UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

My stock rims were already 22's and I didn't want a 305 tire on a 9" wheel. As far as how much it dropped, all I can do is post the difference in measurements I took from the parts I installed.
I had an amount of gap I wanted and that's the number I shot for....hit it within 1/8".

I plan to play with this thing on some road courses as well as drag race it so I'm trying to build a cohesive suspension system that works, not just a drop kit that lowers the truck.
These are the parts I could find at the time...as far as how well they work I can't say I have an opinion yet. It of course handles better than stock but I haven't driven it enough yet to dial it in and get the understeer I'm after. It'll likely take some track time to accomplish that.

As far as the blacked out thing...here's my other truck that I sold on Friday.

It doesn't get much more blacked out than that....I wanted something lighter this time but I'm still anti chrome. And really....black wheels on a silver or white truck....everyone does that including my brother with his 2012 F350 with black BMF's on it. lol
At 7600 lbs that thing could hang with Corvettes and such on the twisty roads then destroy them on the dragstrip with the 900+ HP motor under the hood. It would embarrass most peoples audio systems as well with about 10K in a strictly SQ stereo system.

I don't like building one trick ponys...or trucks that only do one thing well. I like to build total package trucks. That's my plan with this one too.

Last edited by UNBROKEN; 09-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.