View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2006
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

I say go for it. I joined the Marines and what I've learned is no matter what branch you join it will all benefit you.

The first year or so you work for the military getting trained and taught how the system works and how to get along with it. Then after that you make the military work for you, especially now.

Getting paid to go to college and get a degree is awesome. I am also married so having a secure income and a house for my wife and I was a huge plus. On top of that depending on your field you will get hands on experience you can take with you back to the civilian world that will put you ahead or at least make you competitive with others going after the same jobs.

All in all if you are in a good position to join the military and feel up to it I'd go for it. Unless you have connections, no where else are you going to get the benefits and experience right off the bat. I am 20 years old now and I was 1 of 3 people that joined the military out of my graduating class of 358. They all are in college working part time trying to keep some money away to pay for their debt of getting that education.

In the end the decision is yours I just figured I'd share my side. Good luck!

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here