Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Sport SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RamSport is on a distinguished road

Shardy, Its actually amusing that you posted this thread because, I to have EXACTLY the same problem. I have also searched high and low across the information super highway. First let me say that, I have a 2008 single cab Ram SLT Sport, basically identical to your truck. The truck had a hellwig leveling kit in it which I did not like. So I removed the leveling kit and installed Billstein 5100 adjustable mainly due to the high praise the shocks got on this website. Once I got the truck back it rode like a Million dollars. Super crisp and response. Although after about a week, I heard this dreaded noise, exactly as you have described. (I can also hear it when going over rail road tracks slowly) So I brought the truck back to the shop that installed the Billsteins for me, and long story short they gave me back the truck, said that a bolt had backed off a bit and was a bit loose, that they tightened it and all is good in the world. So I picked it up and wouldn't you know it... it was perfect. I am super crisp and handled like a wet dream. Until about a week later... Then the noise slowly came back, as well as a loosening of the steering, and sloppy overall feel of the steering. So I got under the truck and couldn't really see anything a miss. So I drove to the mechanic and asked them very politely to show me the exact bolt/nut that they tightened. He pointed to the driver side Sway Bar Endlink. Blew my mind... Thats it! The sway bar end link?? Ok so today when I get home from work, I am buying a tube of Blue Loctite and I am going to paint that bolt. If this actually corrects the problem then perhaps new Swaybar end links are needed. Since your problem and my problem appear to be identical I would imagine, if this solves my problem it will solve your problem. I will up date on my situation later tonight. Good Luck.