Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Sport SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RamSport is on a distinguished road

Well I have good news & I have bad news... (at least for me)
Good news is my metallic rattling sound can no longer be heard. I basically unbolted the driver side sway bar end link from the sway bar, and cleaned with a wire brush & WD-40 all the threads and metallic washer. I did this to ensure the BLUE loctite I was going to use would adhere nicely. Then I re-installed the end link back to the sway bar and added a generous helping of BLUE loctite to the threads on the shaft of the end link. I tighten the top nut down until I was satisfied it was tight. I let the loctite sit for about 15 min as per the instructions. Here is the bad news...
I then decided that while I here I may as well check the passenger side. I wanted to ensure the passenger side was equally tight. Well it must have been because I snapped the freaking the head right off the end link w/ only one pull of the wrench. Talk about pissed off... So I can not fully test out the remedy being that I only have 1 sway bar end link connected. But on the test ride afterwards even with the pass. side end link broke, I could not hear that metallic rattle. So I am almost certain a lose driver side Sway Bar end link is the culprit to annoying sound. I just ordered a brand new set of Moog replacement end links for both sides, which will be in later today. I will repost w/ pictures after the final out come.
Shardy if I were you I would get underneath with a 15mm deep socket and open box wrench of the same size, and make sure the top nut is nice and snug. But dont pull a Hulk like I did, or you may end up w/ a bigger headache. Good luck for now.