Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Sport SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RamSport is on a distinguished road

OK, I can confidently say that I have corrected the metallic rattling sound issue coming from the front of the Ram. I would also guarantee anyone who is experiencing the same issue, can correct it with New Sway bar end links, or at a minimum a new bushing kit. I ended up snapping one of the stock sway bar end links, as you have probably read in the previous post. So I bought a new set of Moog (improved design) Sway bar end links. They cost $42 each @ my local A&A auto part store. I can say the Moog design is FAR superior over the stock design.
Shardy, if you are mechanically inclined I would def. recommend you purchase a set of these Moog (improved design) Sway bar end links part # K80894. They have Hex nut for ease of removal in the future as well as a grease fitting.

If you think that your end links are fine and only your bushings need to be replaced a bushing kit: RAYBESTOS Part # 5451021 only costs $12 bucks from Rockauto.com
Either way New links or a bushing kit, this will def. get rid of the rattle as well as bring back that crisp tight steering. I will most likely create a thread detailing changing a stock sway bar end link w/ photos and step by step instructions, if this could help others. Hope this helps you & anyone else with an annoying metallic rattle in their front end. If you or anyone else has a question feel free to message me.