Old 09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
rrog is on a distinguished road
Default Follow Up

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to follow up. When I mentioned about the coolant on the carpet, it was after they had changed the old core for the new one. It was only then that the coolant leaked onto the carpet. Actually, it leaked the first time too but I had cleaned the carpet after the first time.

When they called to say my truck was finished, the guy said it had been repaired under warranty and the core had indeed been bad. He showed me the actual heater core and pointed out the spots it had leaked from. So I picked up the truck and left a happy camper. That was not quite two weeks ago. I just got a voice mail from him today saying that when I picked the truck up he didn't know that his guy had replaced the reservoir too so he now wants me to call him about paying for that part of the repair. The initial estimate his guy had given up front for that repair was $150 total, parts and labor.

Do you think I have a leg to stand on here? Bear in mind that when he repaired it in February he charged me for replacing the old coolant so there should have been plenty of coolant in there. I don't mind paying what I rightfully owe but I'm just not so sure I should pay for this since they have said it was my fault for not having enough coolant in the truck. Your thoughts...?

Thanks,
Rick