View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Express
Color: Dk cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:130
GregInAtl will become famous soon enoughGregInAtl will become famous soon enough
Default Belltech 963 sp..... Not impressed

First off let me say I am a bell tech long time user, and this is my 15th lowered vehicle, so I have done this a while. I got a 12 express qc and did the 963sp after the rave reviews. Well, I disagree and here is why.
First is I like a kit that honestly feel different, tighter and better thru control. This is only tighter because there's little travel left.
Next, my 2/4" actually did 1.5"and 3 1/4". So it really doesn't look lowered either.
Finally, w 300 lb tongue weight of my boat it squats it completely to the bump stops.

I was hoping to go 3/5 or more...my last truck was 5/6 and rode just as good if not better. (mc gaughys on it)

My plan now is mc gaughys spindles added to the front but who knows for the rear. I don't think i can believe the guys that claim 6" or more rear drop. As I said I am 3.25" and close to the suspension hitting at the axle.

I hate to sound so negative, I really am a very positive person, but as I said I've been thru this more than a dozen times so I know what to expect I feel. This kit is ok, not great. Btw, I coil cut my dads 12 express qc , oem shocks and it looks and feels identical to my $500 kit, that sucks.

06 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Yamaha
Sponsored links