Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RT
Trim Level: RT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
2011redrt is on a distinguished road

I am not saying you didn't measure right and I agree with the long term use of BT and not being as happy with this round of product they chose to release. I am asking the question, are you sure it only dropped 1.5" in the front? Has it settled any from the time you posted? All the concerns so far that I have read on here and from personal experience with BT and the "new" RAM trucks is the front was lower than expected. I just ordered my kit last Friday from Jegs and it should be here on Tuesday. I hope they have not tried to change something mid stream with-out notice or kit number change to identify what they have done.

Now for the rear, I could not agree more that there is no way of getting 6" drops on these truck and it still function.... "function" meaning it works as intended in every day application and not just a "show" truck. I, myself, do not even see a 5" drop and it still function properly. However, as it has been stated many times on this forum, you will not be able to pull trailers or haul heavy loads with these drop springs and no helpers. It's just not in the cards for this design so you should not have been too shocked when you ran into issues.

I hope it all works out for you in the end and please keep us posted on the front measurement to see if the springs seat in and give you the 2"+ drop like we have all seen in the past. I know it took mine a couple weeks (2011 RT) before it was in that sweet spot.

Can you give more detail on your dad's truck and how you cut to drop it? I have lowered more trucks than I can remember and several by cutting springs. Most of those were S-10's and a few full size regular cab Fords. I just have some concerns about the full size RAM CC as there is a considerable amount of weight being supported. I still think its possible and thought about trying it on mine before installing the BT kit just to see what I can make happen and how it rides. Did you cut the rear too?