Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 dodge ram
Color: purple
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
76 Dart sport is on a distinguished road
Default 360 heads on a 318

I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 with a 318, i made the mistake of loaning it to my brother and he overheated it and blew the head gasket, when the truck was cool, I poured in a little over 4 gallons of water, so it must have been bone dry. I bought a used 360 and put it in, and it ran great, but after it warmed up the oil pressure dropped down to like 0. So I pulled that motor out, and decided to fix the head gasket on the 318, but the 318 had real noisy valve chatter under heavy acceleration, and I'm worried he might have got it so hot that it warped the heads, so I'm thinking of putting all of the 360 heads, rockers, pushrods, and lifters on the 318, but after removing the heads I discovered that the 318 has flat top pistons, and the 360 has an indention on the top of the heads, so I'm wondering if this is a good idea, I know it works on the older motors because I did it on my 76 dart sport. Im not trying to build a race motor here,I just want my truck back to where I can drive it and be dependable again, I need it for work, its kind of hard working out of my honda accord doing tile work, yes I do own a honda, but I do have 2 dodges too, any help here would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored links