Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

Lukes links DO NOT require any welding, Wherever you heard that is passing disinformation. It takes about 30 minutes on the bench to install a rebuildable drivers side end on your track rod, and thats if you're holding a beer in one hand. From that point forward, it's totally rebuildable. It also works for tierod ends, I have a pretty good collection of long tierods and old trackrods, but they piled up before I found out about those links, since installing them, I've never had to tighten up or rebuild, or replace them. Some of the best aftermarket money I've spent in my life, just don't beat on the threaded ballstud, when you're removing the assembly, thats the only part you will be reusing. And grease it once in awhile. My trucks are only half tons, if I had a 3/4 ton, and carried a vee plow, I might consider a heavier rod than factory, otherwise, no factor. Once you grind the old factory crimp off,your ballsocket you'll be horrified at the low quality they are initially assembled with. My 2 cents....