Time to start working on the driveline,I didn't want to tear into a good low mileage engine,so another 6.7 cummins engine core was found for cheap,it was seized up from oil starvation/lack of maintenance.The good stock engine will be sold later to recoup funds.
I tore down the seized 6.7 and found 2 rod bearings were seized onto the crank.I managed to get the stuck rods off the crank.I used muriatic acid to desolve the bearing material off the crank.
To our amazment the crank wasn't damaged and only needed a polish to make all the bearing surfaces good again.After washing the block in the parts washer,the bores were checked and looked pretty good and finish honed at standard.
The motor was put back together with some different stuff to stock.The head was ported and polished with bigger valves fitted,O ring lands were cut in the head and the block.The stock intake plenum was cut off with the bridgeport and a Hellmann performance sidedraft intake fitted.Rods, pistons, bearings, valve springs, oil pump were all cryo treated.
Here's some pictures of the the motor going together.
Milling off the intake
The finished head
Short block complete
longblock with hellman intake fitted.