View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I went, and survived the convention. It was informative, and not too bad, (for the most part).

The drive down was decent. My associate (not sure I like that word, but it'll work for now) spent most of it raving over how excellent my Ram was (he drives and '08 QC Big Horn 1500).

We did not encounter any problems, my GPS routed us around the traffic in Houston, and we barely even checked up a little bit. Though the tolls were a PITA, but such is life.

I had a productive 3 or 4 hrs meeting with two national officers that are in the process of helping me straighten out the mess that I inherited, and they realize that it's not a mess I created, just one that I'm trying to clear up. I've been told that one of the officers that I met with, tends to be a bit chilly and often tends to step on toes with an abraisive personality... we enjoyed ourselves... LOL I'm guessing she just doesn't like those individuals.

Yesterday I spent pretty much all day in a workshop that basically told me just how screwed up of a mess that I inherited. I foresee lots of changes coming very soon, which I suspect is going to upset many of my fellow union officers, but such is life I suppose. I've always felt that anything worth doing, is worth doing correctly the first time.

My truck performed flawlessly! I used about a half of a tank of gas each direction, a distance of 295 miles, and calculated it out to 19.96 MPG going down. I haven't filled up yet, so I'm not sure how I did there, but I suspect it'll be slightly less, as I wasn't on the freeway 100% of the time, as I was going down (Houston is a screwed up city when it comes to the way roads are laid out), and I did keep my foot into the throttle a little heavier, as I was beyond ready to get home.

All in all I'd say that it was a good trip

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill