Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:11
sbunker1 is on a distinguished road

One last thing, Im not sure if your lower ball joints replacement is the same as mine. I think what bent my first tool was that I saw a video where the guy put a lower sleeve over the piece that has the four rivets in it. That dosnt allow it to press out straght. I purchased a service kit with lots of sleeves. I modified one with a grinder so it wouldnt hit the part with the rivets. It allowed it to press out straight on the second one. By modifying the part, I figured I couldnt take the set back to harbor frieght. When I rented the new set from Advance Auto, they had that sleeve in the kit so I did a switcheroo so I could return my kit back to Harbor Freight and get my $89.00 back as well as the money for the Press at $ 50.00. I figured I helped someone down the road because now the kit at Advanced has a sleeve that works with an 06 1500. I brought it back to Advance and opened it to show them that everything was there and they said they didnt care, they were just happy I returned it...I new I made the right decision...they said they just get replacment parts if they need them.