View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
@snurusnak my comment was NOT intended to be negative in any way to you guys! I apologize if that's how I came off! Terminology is of great importance, i do agree! I plainly assumed that my truck was elder, and the term was "overflow" i thought you and warlock were giving me the business about accuracy! Sorry, guess my humor needs flushed, along with my radiator, which is going down tomorrow. I thank you gentlemen, for your insight.
Ok no worries, it's hard to tell someones attitude through text lol.

I'd start by making sure all the air is out of the system. Park level or with the front slightly higher than the rear. Remove radiator cap, make sure radiator is full, start engine, turn heater on. Let it get to operating temperature(may take a while). Keep radiator full at all times. As it is warming up bump/squeeze the radiator hoses to "burp" air out. Be careful of the fan and it will eventually get very hot. After you think all the air is out, top off the radiator completely and replace the cap. Fill the expansion tank to the appropriate level. Shut the engine off and let it cool completely. Remove the radiator cap and top if off completely. Check expansion tank level. You may have to top it off a couple times over the first few heat cycles.

It wouldn't hurt to replace the hose leading to the expansion tank. If there's a crack/pinhole/etc in it you will never get this problem fixed as it will always suck in air.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.